Did you know you can sell merch for your race during the participant registration process?
To do so, all you have to do is follow these steps:
- Enter the Sportmaniacs dashboard
- Go to the race and event that you want to sell merchandise
- Go to the attributes section and create a new attribute.
- Add the attribute name, which is not visible to registrees it simply serves as a placeholder for your own purposes.
- Mandatory selection: Click if you want it to be a mandatory field in the registration process. Tip: You can make it mandatory and one of the options can be "I don't want to buy".
- Visible or not. It is possible you want to hide it after a certain amount of time.
- Description: Visible text to participants, for example "Would you like to buy the official race hoodie?"
- More information: you can add a brief description of the product. For example, XXXX exclusive offer on the official race hoodie designed by Salomon for the occasion. Choose your size.
- Link for more information: you can add a link or image that takes you to a relevant website for example, size chart.
- Select the product field type. There are different types of attributes (text, yes/no, numeric, options and product). Below we will select the product for sale.
- Select the type of price you want, there are two to choose from:
- You can give all products the same price
- Different prices for each option. For example, if in the same attribute we have grouped different products for merchandising (a scarf, socks, hat), each can have a distinct price.
- We add all the avaiable options
- If your products have a limited stock, you can limit how many units can be sold. For example, if I only have 10 units of size XS I will put 10 in the limit section.
- In addition to being able to limit the quantity, we will have to set a price for each of the products if you have selected distinct prices.
- Click on show proof of purchase: If you want their purchase to appear in the race registration confirmation.
- Finally you can add an image of the merchanise, the dimensions should be 500x500. .
The result should look something like this: