A race with laps is one with two or more splits, at least one of them intermediate, which share a physical location. An example would be a race in which the 5K and the finish line are in the same location.
In these splits it is important to configure the maximum and minimum times per lap in order for the readings to be assigned to the correct split.
- Access the “Race Setup” section in the left-hand menu.
- Display the event for which you want to configure the times of the splits.
- Display the “Splits” section.
- Click on the pencil icon of the second split of the lap to edit it.
- Enter the minimum and maximum time of the split in “Time range by lap”.
- In minimum time fill in the minimum time it should take an athlete to reach this split from the previous split of the lap.
- In maximum time fill in the maximum time it should take an athlete to reach this split from the previous split of the lap.
- Click “Save”.
In our example of a race with the 5k and the finish line in the same location, we have given a minimum time per lap of 15 minutes to the finish split. This means that in order for an athlete’s time to be assigned to the finish, they must have taken at least 15 minutes after passing the 5K.