We have implemented changes to race management making it easier to create them and in turn, connect devices to different locations.
This change means that it is no longer necessary to create the race in Sportmaniacs and then import it to copérnico.
If you are only going to time a race, you can create it directly in copérnico. It is no longer necessary to create it in Sportmaniacs.
We have made these changes in order to separate:
- Registrations (Sportmaniacs)
- Cloud (for the moment shared by Sportmaniacs or copérnico)
- Timing (copérnico)
What do we mean by the cloud is shared by Sportmaniacs and copérnico?
This means that for the moment, we will use both the Sportmaniacs cloud and the copérnico cloud.
So, if you do not use copérnico, you must continue configuring the cloud in Sportmaniacs, as you have before.
On the other hand if you use copérnico, you will be able to skip this step of creating the race in Sportmaniacs in order to set up the cloud.
Also, when you go to any of the TSOne / TS2 or Classic Loop Box timing devices, both the locations that exist in Sportmaniacs and those created in copérnico will be displayed.
So, if you are still working on previously creating the race in Sportmaniacs and importing it into copérnico, you will have to be careful when assigning the timing equipment to the correct location. Especially if you make modifications directly in copérnico.
When will it be necessary to create a race in Sportmaniacs?
In the following situations you would need to create a race in Sportmaniacs?
- If you do not use copérnico, Sportmaniacs is still the cloud you must use.
- If you want to add information in the race APP such as the Sportmaniacs linked rules or the Sportmaniacs course. You do not need to create it if you add this information with buttons that connect to external websites.
- If you want to publish results in Sportmaniacs as you have been doing so far.
If you are only going to publish results in Sportmaniacs, it is not necessary to:
- Create the race prior to the starting it
- Create events, checkpoints, locations, etc. since, when publishing results from copérnico, both events and other data will be created. n.
Why is it necessary to create a race in Sportmaniacs in order to publish results?
When we publish results, we do for races that are already created in Sportmaniacs. Select the race you want to publish to carry out the publication.
For the moment, copérnico does not have the capacity to create a race in Sportmaniacs, even if it is only to publish the results.